My Own Dilemma: Obsession? Compulsion?


I am not quite the average person. In many ways I am unique. I have a broader sense of understanding than most people do. My field of interests covers a wider scope. I am independent and I chose to do things on my own if I am able to do them rather than ask somebody to do it in my behalf. In other words, I have a good sense of well-being. But as I get older, I notice strange habits that really bother me to some extent. It's my dilemma and I am still trying to dig deeper into it to find out why I do the things that I do. You decide, is it an obsession? Is it a compulsion? Or both?



  1. When I do my grocery shopping, stuff has to be grouped accordingly: (exempli gratia) all dry goods, canned goods, boxed goods, all frozen stuff, all veggies and fruits, all cleaning and laundry stuff--and not a single item should be mixed up with the rest. At times when the bagging attendant helps, and doesn't put away the stuff the same way I grouped, it really bothers me so much, almost to the point of pulling the guy away and doing it myself.

  2. When I park the car in the parking lot, I always park with the front end facing outwards, for easy exit later.


  3. When I am cooking, I must use about eight hundred ladles and spoons, and all the necessary accoutrements (food handling gloves, kitchen towels) just to make sure that not a bit of cross-contamination happens with any meat, veggies, ingredients or any food in the kitchen.


  4. When I am doing something that involves getting the hand wet like cooking or cleaning I make sure that there's a roll of paper towel within arm's length that I can grab right away to dry my hands. I cannot stand anything wet, sticky, slimy on my fingers for more than sixty seconds.


  5. When brushing my teeth, I have to brush for eternity until my tongue can feel that every single one of my tooth is clean.


  6. When I take a shower I have to use about five different products: 2 for my hair, 1 for my face, 1 for my skin, 1 for feminine hygiene. If one is missing...it's as good as if I didn't take a shower.


  7. When I am tasked to do a certain assignment, it's so stressful because I have to play every possible scenarios in my head on what could go wrong and what can I do to counteract when such happens. It's almost like making it sure that I have the perfect army with the perfect gear and the perfect ammunition for a sure defeat of the enemy in a battle.


To me the need to do these things only brings about two results. Absolute satisfaction...else...stress. And only time will tell if these habits will be eliminated or further made complicated.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Destination Cebu: Learn the Language Overnight with the Easiest Visayan Language Tutorial There Is!

The Dilemma of the Times

The Year That Was…2009: Hello 2010!