Life's Sudden Turn


I was on holiday vacation in New York when my sister sent me an e-mail that one of my colleagues called up to let me know that our friend just went into a coma. I was shocked to hear the news, at the same time, scenes were already playing in my head as to what can possibly happen next. All sort of unpleasant thoughts came hovering in my mind.


Then I called up my colleague to check on our friend. The news came hard--SHE DIED!--a day after being in a comatose state. It turned out she had a brain tumor that none of us knew of.


Then I looked back. In February 2005, we went out together with the other friends we had. We had fun, dining, gossiping and even doing a bowling match. She was just a spectator then cause she was already partially blind. All we knew at that time was that, she had acute glaucoma that's slowly blinding her, and in turn crippling her as well.


She was a helpless soul, being single and loveless, and at that time. I would look at her and think that life could not get any worse for her. She had no family she can call her own. Most of her friends are dealing with their own lives. She's just alone and going blind.


It was in November 2005 when she passed away, and her passing did teach me a lesson. Life's quick turn is always a blind curve. You never knew what lies ahead. Then it is but wise to make every moment worthwhile. It is also equally important to show that you care for your loved ones, before life handles you a quick turn.


Our friend is not here, but God bless her soul. I hope she's in a better place right now. May her soul rest in peace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Destination Cebu: Learn the Language Overnight with the Easiest Visayan Language Tutorial There Is!

The Dilemma of the Times

The Year That Was…2009: Hello 2010!