The Wire: Probably The Best TV Show Ever

Happy New Year one and all! Whew! It's 2008.

I am a sucker for real TV entertainment, though I don't really spend much time in front of the boob-tube. Nevertheless, when something captures my attention I am eternally glued to the show until it's over.

Over the holidays, I wasn't really able to do much because I caught the bug--the cold virus. I had it all planned that during my vacation I will utilize my time to make up for the tasks that are left unfinished. But what the heck! I was sick, so instead, I opted to fatten my Pinoy ass in front of the TV and what better show to watch than The Wire.

The Wire, to me is the closest-thing-to-real-life-drama kind of TV fiction. The storyline is well-crafted; casting is excellent; location is phenomenal; and the plot is just plain genius. I've been a fan of other great TV series like 24, Prison Break, Dexter, The Sopranos but none has entertained me more than The Wire. When I watch the show I feel like I am a part of the story and I am one of the characters peeking through every drama, thrill, danger, moments of accomplishments and tragedy. It's amazing how this show captures the story behind the scenes and depicts a clear picture of the lives that are immortalized in the story. It almost couldn't get any real than what it is. Every episode delivers the cunning twists and surprises that keep you wanting for more. The beauty of the storyline is artfully crafted in the balance created by the different characters and the different angles of interests portrayed in every scene. The Wire is delightfully witty, ugly, funny, tragic and real.

Don't take my word for it. Watch the show and see if we share the same views. I guarantee you, you will not be disappointed. I have just finished watching all three seasons. Can't wait to start watching Season 4 on DVD and the upcoming Season 5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Destination Cebu: Learn the Language Overnight with the Easiest Visayan Language Tutorial There Is!

The Dilemma of the Times

The Year That Was…2009: Hello 2010!