1:45 a.m. And Still No Shut Eye


I have this room. I call it chaos--my comfort chaos. It's where I spend hours in front of my computer, or just hours spent fidgeting around my electronic gadgets and accessories. I love the sense of disorder in this room. It gives me freedom to mess up and still be able to find my way around things as I channel all my creative energy into pure solitary moment of isolation from the world and relaxation in the deepest chambers of my being.

Well, I was still up past 12:00 a.m., but the truth is, I did spend the whole night being up and about when my room of chaos challenged me to some horrid test.

I love my Sony T7 camera. It's so easy to use and it takes good pictures. Of course I've enjoyed it for years now since it was given recognition for being an exemplary new product when it was launched.

I keep my photos in the pro duo memory stick. The name alone for the media device sounds exclusive and of course, it is pricey.

But I just love to keep my photos in there. It is easier for me to keep an archive of my photos in those neat little media sticks.

I must have collected some ten or more of them already from a size of 32 MB to 4 GB since I first used them.

Then what? I couldn't find my most recent memory stick containing a sizeable amount of good memories that I haven't uploaded to my computer yet or shared to my relatives through Pando.

I just went nuts. You see, I was busy doing a lot of chaos--packing, cleaning, doing artwork, browsing the internet and doing some senseless other stuff. I don't even know which order it all went.

Plus, I gave my Sony T7 a silent treatment, after I got all excited when I got Canon's duo flash memory enabled video camera--the Fixia HF10. That's my karma for being technologically needy and greedy.

Photographs and memories mean so much to me and to lose track of a bunch of them wrapped inside some silly media stick that you cannot even locate with your GPS is a nightmare. I hope one day, they'll make one with some radio detection and ranging.
It's much easier for me to find a phone handset using the intercom locator than rummaging through the chaos for some 2-inch long media stick.

Call it stupid and reckless. I do have a lot of extra GB of storage in my WD My Book external drive but I didn't pay much attention backing up my data until I felt really threatened to lose them.

Anyway, I stayed up all night until my attention was redirected to a fresh bag of trash that luckily I didn't put in the trash bin yet.

What a victorious moment it was for me when somewhere at the bottom of all the debris inside the trash bag, every little bit of the blue-colored media stick slowly emerged still intact in its media stick adaptor.

Yeah, a 4.0 GB pro duo stick is worth more than 24 hours of no shut-eye if indeed, inside it resides days of wonderful and priceless moments that cannot be recaptured in time.

I found the stick after missing a sizeable bag of zs. Stupid!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Destination Cebu: Learn the Language Overnight with the Easiest Visayan Language Tutorial There Is!

The Dilemma of the Times

The Year That Was…2009: Hello 2010!