Coded Lingo: Reading Between The Lines

Click here or click on the box for a readable view.
Read the boxed text. If you can decode the underlined words, then there are only two possibilities. Either you are smarter than most people I know or you happened to grab hold of the same book I'm reading at the moment.


Either way, you're off to a good start, more so if writing is one of your passions. Being able to speak in metaphors or at least in some strange way of verbal sophistication sets an edge that almost always captures the reader's undivided attention and most certainly creates a thought-provoking process.


Below you will find the simpler version of the phrases contained in the box. After learning the underlying meanings of these words and phrases, imagine yourself just being handed a pocketful of verbose tricks that you can share to your peers to project the brainiac that you are not. Oooppss, sorry . . . I must have hit you right where it hurts. Actually, I mean it. I mean the 'sorry'.



Where to? I ask myself. Somebody just handed me a nix, cancelling on me. Take a look. I'm just a young individual who usually wanders at the mall always looking as if I am up to no good who knows nothing about the fine details of the ruthless competition. I was hoping I could go to rehab and get a cure for my alcoholism. I envy those who are safe and successful whose only dilemma is the battle to lose weight around their mid-section. I don't even have a home. My ex-wife had it on 'for sale by owner' for a while now. Yeah it's hard to even get some sleep. I would do anything to get out of this no-win situation. If only I can "Keep it simple, stupid!" (my life) and not let other people keep on poking me on my vulnerable side. Now I am on the run from the police after I acted prematurely on somebody who threw an "Examine your zip!" at me, like I was on some sacred territory. Am I super sensationalizing my story? I am a mere divorced father who hardly gets to see my children who is losing energy. What do you think? I don't know, either. What you see is what you get. But, yeah, this excessive talk is making me sick.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Destination Cebu: Learn the Language Overnight with the Easiest Visayan Language Tutorial There Is!

The Dilemma of the Times

The Year That Was…2009: Hello 2010!